With the prices of luxury bags like the names of Prada, Gucci, Coach, Louis Vuitton, it is not a surprising revelation that most of these names have their counterfeits. But as informed and vigilant buyers, we can't be ripped by any counterfeit especially if they are our precious hand bags or pouches.
Some say that only the expensive handbags are counterfeited, however, even inexpensive XOXOs are counterfeited. So, how do we actually know bag counterfeits. Here are the suggestions of the experts.
- Bag materials. Depending on the brand, each authentic bag or purse has its distinct material or hardware. For one Dooney and Bourke bags have all brass materials instead of the silver ones.
- Threading. Authentic bags have consistent and clean threading from the insides to the outsides. Check the color among others because of the extra - care on authentic bags, threading for one is especially attended that no imperfections should be seen. This is one of the reasons why authentic bags can be pricey.
- Labels. Fake bags are normally misspelled like "Burberrys" instead of "Burberry - London" for Burberry handbags or Gucci is sometimes spelled Gucce or Guci.
- Packaging. Original handbags normally go with dust bags and other specially - attended bag covers. So, if your bag goes with cheap dust bags or none at all, scrutinize the material thoroughly.
- Authenticity Details. Some handbags like Dooney and Bourke has registration or serial numbers in their insides or Kathy von Zeeland has a small booklet. If models are known, go check these online for authenticity.