As a form of self - expression, hair styling has become of the top choices and personally, I resorted to various hair services to include perming, hair relaxing, highlights, color to name a few. But, it indeed took a setback when I had to see my hair strands all brittle from the treatment among others.
So, how do we exactly take care of our hair once they are treated, particularly, hair colored? Experts suggest the following:
- Never perm or iron your color - treated hair until it is two weeks old or much older.
- Use a head cap when swimming.
- Use big - tooth comb.
- Use a shampoo and conditioner for hair - colored. Shampoo every other day instead and lavish your hair with conditioner especially on the ends.
- Use a deep conditioner once a month.
- Have a regular hair cut every 4 weeks to cut off the split ends.
- Let air - dry your hair, so, refrain from using hair curlers or blowers.
- Don't overstay under the sun.