|photo source: http://hairstyleslooks.info|
I had my model with gray hair, and so we want to change her usual black hair to brown that is appropriate to her age.
To dye her hair, I observed the following:
- Used a dark towel around her to cover clothes from staining. On top of this, I used a magnetic cape to further protect my model.
- I prepared my dyeing kit to include a small bowl, a brush, clips, lotion / petroleum jelly, rattail comb, alcohol - based facial toner to remove the stain.
- Depending on the kind of dye, you may use a developer of 10% if the shade desired has to be darker or 20% for lighter shade.
- Ideally, you may want to color test on quarter to an inch of your hair just above your ear before proceeding.
- If the hair is long, I had to use the clips to section the hair. With the rattail comb, I drew out a thin layer of the hair and apply the treatment.
- Depending on the treatment, you can leave if for 30 minutes to one hour.
- Rinse the hair well with a conditioner or a hot oil.
- Let it air dry or blow dry at minimum heat.