I always love pony tail as it is convenient and hassle - free especially whenever I have to do my workouts.
But try something on your ponytail, here is one cool video for elegant hair style this holiday.
Tuesday, December 9, 2014
I always love pony tail as it is convenient and hassle - free especially whenever I have to do my workouts.
Wednesday, July 30, 2014
I am not surprised when a national magazine has chosen singer - actress Sarah Geronimo as Yes! Magazine's Most Beautiful Star this 2014. She is one now of the ranks of Judy Ann Santos, Marianne Rivera, John Lloyd Cruz among the few who was chosen for the total package.
|Sarah Geronimo at Yes! Magazine Press Conference|
photo source: http://www.philstar.com
Friday, July 25, 2014
Running a marathon is quite tough but running an ultramarathon is even tougher and crazy but for some who simply fell in love with running and with distance, they can only laugh about their ordeal and take pride of their accomplishments.
My crazy penchant for running is due to people I run with. With the challenge to just go farther every after race motivates me to go beyond my comfort zone and just try longer distances.
My first 60km ultra marathon was two years ago and I could only scorn that run as injury consumed me after lack of training, bad weather, poor logistics support and game plan. From then, I wanted to run smart.
|67km ultramarathon around Camiguin Island landing 10th place|
So, my first learning applies to wearing the right stuff for the distance.
- Head gear. While this may be cumbersome to others, I find this necessary especially when weather is unpredictable. Ultra marathons take hours and hours and natural elements including dust, sun, insects and rain could wear you down. Make sure though that this gear is easy to dry off.
- Running shirt and shorts. Some would wear compression suit and these too are good but the bottomline is simply to wear stuffs you are used to running and that you are comfortable with. Since I have to wear my hydration bag that irritates my neck, I have to wear turtleneck max - cool top.
- Compression socks. These may be non - essential to short - distance runners but they are quite helpful to marathons and ultramarathoners as they help suppress muscle inflammation. Make sure though that you get the right sizes.You normally do this by getting the circumference of your calf.
- Running socks. Bad socks can give you disaster. I had my own share of blisters when non - running socks were worn during my first half - marathon. Feeling pain while running is disturbing and one may resort to giving up if pain tolerance is not high.
more than 200 ultramarthoners filled the Camiguin road just after gunstart.
I had to look for my running buddy lost in the crowd.
- Running shoes. While we are tempted to try what marketers advertise, the thing is buy shoes that suit your feet's natural arch and gait. Since I am semi - flat footed, I have to look for stability shoes and since I want to stick with midfoot running, midfoot - based shoes like Sketchers help. I love as well Adidas for its bigger toe box that is essential when feet become swollen from long running. Sports stores like Toby's provide running analysis to aid you with your shoe selection. Also, do remember that shoes normally last about 6 months for heavy trainings, so, invest on new shoes especially if you have impending races. I had to endure 5 hours of running my first marathon from heavily blistered feet from a pair of dilapidated one - year old shoes.
- Hydration bag / belts.While races do provide hydration points, it is smarter if you bring your own hydration bag / belts to house your hydration essentials. Estimate what you can consume for a given distance interval and simply replenish from hydration points. Make sure too that you have extra money and phone if necessary for emergencies.
- Safety essentials. Safety is relative and personal to a runner. While races may assure of marshals and security units, runners must only be conscious of their personal safety from incoming vehicle and natural elements. I had to swerve from running on dim roads of Camiguin, a heavily - forested island, when a two - foot snake crossed the roads. Focus and presence of mind may be far - fetching when you are all tired from running the distances but all these are inclusive of a race.
Every year, schools including my STI holds an acquaintance party to welcome the freshmen and to celebrate another school year with teachers and the entire studentry. But, STI GenSan is simply different as each year is pumped up with various themes.
This year, we shall be jazzing up a local mall as STI Gensan in rodeo. With all the pretty prizes that await the best rodeo outfit, door giveaways and various dance and song numbers from the student organizations and faculty will sure fire up the night. But, who will miss the accoustic music competition while the rest enjoys the dinner? With students on their drums, guitars and elixir strings bulk,along with their music piece, the night indeed shall be fun - filled.
I haven't picked out yet what to wear. Perhaps, these fashion options I got from www.pinterest.com would help.
Wednesday, July 9, 2014
Fun runs are up again in General Santos City. Thanks to private enterprises who hold fitness activities like the dance - bound zumba, triathlons and runs.
It was frustrating but I had fun knowing that I could now beat my old 10km PR. More than that, it was nice seeing runners wearing the same singlet as they crowd the streets. I landed 4th in the women's category in spite of the rain and fatigue.
|Wheels of Hope Run for Wheel Chairs|
My newest race was this run by the CBAGs in a 10km with my fastest time so far. But, with the neon orange for a singlet, it was just super cool to watch everyone.
|SOCCSKSARGEN BLOGGERS for Sun CIty Night Run|
Monday, March 17, 2014
I always wondered if fashion can be inspired by music too as fashion may be inspired by nature among others, and my search ain't vain as indeed fashion artists have used music ranging from music equipment and gadget to music genre and generations to create magnificent masterpieces.
We won't miss of course, the fashion style of music artists like Madonna or Lady Gaga. And, for music fanatics, they just adore their artists genre and style along with their fashion taste.
Are there clear rules about fashion? I guess none!
Posted by Ruz at 2:54 AM
Just recently, my fellow triathletes from Tri-Generals hailed mainly from General Santos City had joined the much coveted trail triathlon from Vaseline Xterra recently concluded from Liloan, Cebu. I can't help but just be proud of all the participants as they hurdled a very technical terrain.
|General Santos City's Tri-Generals Xterra Warriors - Winners|
Last year, a fellow comrade who joined the Xterra Lite of shorter distance had a bike mishap cutting his knee and endured it until the end of the race.
|Vaseline Xterra 2014; photo source: Xterra Philippines|
This year, my lady comrade had her bike steer cut in two while another fellow had a bike trouble too along the trail. But, all ended well as some of my teammates even made it to the podium and won! Now, that is something to brag out!
Triathlon is a multi - sport event covering swimming, biking and running done successively. This is a highly strenuous event that requires strong discipline, budget and training programs that cover practically the entire week.
The Xterra Triathlon has long started late 1990's in Hawaii and has gained so much popularity that it conquered other parts of the globe including New Zealand, Brazil, Japan, and Philippines among others.
This year, Dan Hugo of South Africa and Renata Bucher head the Xterra Philippines 2014. For race results, click here.
Wednesday, March 12, 2014
There are simply a good number of shoes may it be for running or otherwise. But, what can be more distressful is to find out that your best buy of shoes can be your nightmare as well.
Different runners may recommend different brands for running. My personal list would include a Reebok, Nike, Sketchers, Adidas, Merrel, and New Balance.
|VFF shoes being sold online|
I have my Merrel shoes for trail runs and New Balance for road runs. So, how do we really spot the fakes? While there are different brands to compare with, the fakes would normally show distinct features.
- Price. Check the official websites of the brand to compare the price. If the gap is way too far, then, you have a fake on hand. This is also true for other shoppings made like if we need music gadget or equipment or simply buy apparel online or from local stores among others;
- Materials. Expensive shoes go through quality standards, so, check if the materials show inferiority.
- Labels. Compare your purchased shoes from the outlet and see if labels are practically the same. Sometimes, they are misspelled or produced from elsewhere. Before you complain of the difference, check the website first if they have production elsewhere.
- Reviews. Blessed is the internet for customer reviews as they become benchmark for our buying. Normally, they provide other information for some products and with this knowledge, you can compare whether the quality the customers speak about is true in your case.
- Source. Should you just buy from non - legitimate sellers, assess the whole package first.
|trail running on Tampakan Trail|
The following are the essentials:
- Running cap. protect your vision from heat or run or other elements.
- Running top with sleeves and long leggings. If you expect a trail with not - so - good elements.
- Running shoes with spike. While road shoes can fine, the trail can be difficult especially if they are ascent or descent or if muddy.
my Team Matutum after completing The North Face Trail Race
- Hydration. It would be wise to know the estimated end for run because your water and / or food supply can be compromised. For long or difficult trail, you can have hydration bags instead with liters of water and other food to keep.
- First aid. Bring at least antiseptic, bandage, anti - sting or other medical essentials should untoward incident may happen.
- Whistle (and cellphone). One can get lost especially if you go through deep forest for a trail run. Use a whistle ( call if signal permits) should need to call help.
- Trail signs. Learn to read trail signs because they may save you time and probably your life.
- Contact. Make sure that you inform your loved ones / friends of your whereabouts just in case you need their help.
- Delight. Enjoy trail running at its fullest!
Sunday, March 9, 2014
The first quarter of the year means summer time too in the tropical countries like the Philippines. And with the hot – humid air, we could only want to unwind in beaches, cool places like Baguio or outside the country, or simply do mall hopping.
I am listing here the places I loved so much and I am sure you too would enjoy.
If you happen to be in Manila, include Baguio in your best picks. We happened to be coming from Pangasinan, so, we took the ride from Alaminos, Pangasinan and took another bus to Baguio. The 2 – 3 hour ride from Alaminos can be fun with all the scenery to watch for.
In Baguio, scout for budget – friendly rooms. It would be smart if you have rooms with heater because the weather can really be cold and drop to unwanted temperature.
|at Camp John Hay, PMA grounds, Baguio|
We visited the PMA grounds, Mine’s View Park, Burnham Park and took our meals wherever we had the chance.
Of course, we could only savor their local delicacies including Strawberry – flavored taho, jams, and fresh strawberries among others.
Fail not to visit their night markets for some “wagwagan” or thrift clothes for best picks.
Samal Islands, Davao
If you are just around Davao City, fail not to visit Samal Islands. It is just 15 – 30 minute boat ride from Davao City wharf. There are several resorts in Samal Islands and if you are lucky, there are pick – up points from Davao City that shall transport you to the island. The last time we went to Samal Island, we headed to Blue Jazz. They have the usual resort amenities – rooms, pools, slides, short cable zipline, and resto – bar.
Sta. Cruz Island, Zamboanga City
Zamboanga City is an old Spanish – inspired city. Fail not to visit the city’s landmarks including Pasonanca Park, Paseo del Mar, Fort Pilar, and Abong – Abong Peak.
But, one of the best places I love and Zambonaga city’s pride is Sta Cruz Island. With a minimum group of 5- 10 guests, you can go at Paseo del Mar’s Tourism Office for 100.00 – 200.00 and the boat’s fee.
It would be smart to visit the place in the morning where the water can be serene and once at the island, enjoy the pristine white sand beach and clear waters. Unfortunately, Sta Cruz Island is only for daytime stay.
The locals do sell cultured pearls and other water – inspired accessories at very minimal fee. So, grab these accessories for your souvenirs.
Puerto Galera, Mindoro
Sometime in 2010, we had the chance to visit Puerto Galera through Batangas Port. The boat ride was a bit tough from the strong current.
But, the clear water and beautiful scenery along Puerto Galera key resorts are all worth the trouble and trip. We tried fish feeding, snorkeling and of course party in the evenings. One can wear their best swimwear including their fancy lingerie as the place is packed with foreign and Filipino tourists. You can buy erotic lingerie for your best finds.
Good thing that there are rooms for budget – constrained tourists like us and their food and souvenirs are budget – friendly too.
Lake Sebu, South Cotabato
If you want to like to commune more with nature, fail not to visit Lake Sebu for their various dishes of Tilapia, zipline to see the magnificent falls of Lake Sebu and the cool souvenirs from the T’boli locals.
The resorts are situated along Lake Sebu and with the cool weather and nice sight of this one large lake, your stay here can be quite fun and reflecting.
Of course, I wont miss to include the beautiful beaches of Glan. With clear waters and white sand, summer escapades can be fun in this south – side of the area. With one hour ride from General Santos City, you can check – in to strings of resorts but for SarBay Fest week, sometime in May, better book ahead because
|fine and white beach of Gumasa, Glan|
Glan is simply full – packed of beach goers for a lot of beach activities including night concerts, beach games and more.
You too can create your DIY barefoot accessories. Find the design you like!
Monday, February 17, 2014
Birthstones seem to bring good luck for some and while these may seem irrelevant to others, knowing birthstones according to your birth month seems an interesting thing to do.In fact, some suggest that birthstones do have healing powers.
Birthstones are believed to have started even centuries old linking birthstones with the zodiac signs. Wearing one birthstone per month has only few centuries old. But, various sources have different birthstones that to make the list more standardized in 1912 by the American National Association of Jewelers and later was updated in 2002.
The American Gem Society has posted too a list of birthstones per month. Read here for details.
As posted on Wikipedia, the following is the table for birthstones:
For zodiac sign - based, the following is the list of birthstones as seen on Wikipedia.
|feels good on my first dress uniform|
So, good thing that our dress uniform can go with black stockings. I am only more surprised that I was praised with how I look in my dress from the usual running shorts, biking leggings, triathlon suits or my regular work long pants.
Breaking the routine can indeed make you look good and feel better.
Sunday, February 16, 2014
Jewelry bought like from jewelry store salt lake city or handed down as heirloom is undeniably precious and valuable. It is only important that we keep them clean, so, their brightness and sparkle can be maintained.
When we use our jewelry, our skin acidity, sweat and dust among others can quite affect our jewelry set. So, how can we exactly clean them without depreciating their value.
Experts suggest the following:
- You can choose a commercially available jewelry solution and by following their procedures, you can keep your jewelry clean.
- For homemade treatment, simply soak your jewelry in a lukewarm water with shampoo and soft brittle toothbrush can do the thing.
- Other household solutions Reader's Digest would include Alka - Seltzer immersion and soak in bowl with aluminum foil and liquid - bleach - free detergent like Tide.
- You can use white vinegar for 10 - 15 minutes to for immersion. Brush after.
- You can soak your diamond jewelry in 1 cup warm water with 1/4 cup ammonia for 15 minutes and soft brush afterwards.
As part of our marketing means, we have lunched our audio - video promotional ad courtesy of a fellow IT personnel.
Here is the video.
For your fashion needs, check us on Facebook.
For post – Valentine celebration, Gaisano General Santos City has initiated a free concert with song balladeer Sam Milby and actress / model Sam Pinto today, February 16 at 3pm, Lagao Gymnasium and we could only be prouder as Kreativ Boutique has supported this cause as one of the sponsors.
So, if you happen to in Gaisano, don’t fail to avail this free concert with the purchases you made from Gaisano.
Enjoy your Sunday then with some love songs and more, only from Sam Milby and Sam Pinto concert.
Tuesday, January 28, 2014
February is not just the month of love but it is also the time for Junior – Senior Prom. The high school students can only be quite excited to finally ramp the red carpet on their best gowns.
|dubbed as one of the most expensive tuxedo by Issey Miyake at $2,800 - a frequent designer for Steve Jobs|
Make a practical check list then before the big day. Here are the essentials:
- hire a fashion coutorier for your gown or tuxedo
- make sure that you will go refitting a week or days before the big day for adjustment
- trust only a professional make - up artist
- agree with your parents, and friends where you would hang out after the prom if this is still needed.
- find a partner for your big day
- prepare only beauty essentials like lipstick, powder for retouching
- forget the anxiety and just enjoy the night.
- enjoy the music and dance your heart out with your friends
- capture the moment with your camera
- tell your parents when you can possibly be home. Arrange with them how you can go home too.
Kreativ Boutique has new stocks of authentic Coach bags and watches from Nine West, Unlisted and Kenneth Cole to fill the post – Christmas spirit and in time for Chinese New Year. All the new arrivals plus great selections on big sale are in store.
|Victoria Secret's Pink bag on sale!|
|Authentic Fossil watch and more on sale|
So, catch our authentic collection only at Kreativ Boutique.
Friday, January 24, 2014
Having competed and trained for marathons and triathlons, I could only wish that there are gadgets to help me in my training but within the reasonable budget.
|Finis' XtreaMP3.1G for triathletes / extreme sports enthusiasts|
So, the pump your active lifestyle with music beats!
To aid me in my runs, I have acquired Garmin Forerunner 110 - GPS enabled sports watch with heart rate monitor to replace my transmitter - based TIMEX triathlon watch.
- sleek design as it fits my small arm.
- cool color for a grey and pink tone (black for men).
- visible screen to display my distance, pace and time.
- accurate details for its GPS feature.
- no extra gadget to do its pedometer works (unlike my old TIMEX triathlon watch)
- cheap price for a rate of $179.99.
- charging the watch after days of use ( I like my watch all set every time I need to just run).
- shifting the screen or page from the pedometer mode to my heart rate status.
- ain't water proof no more than 30 minute submersion ( since I do swims / bike before or after the runs, it would be best if I can have it for swimming)